Position Title: Driver
Duty Station: Lodwar
Reporting To: Procurement & Logistics Officer and The Programs Manager
Type of Contract: Casual with the possibility of Full employment in future
TUPADO (Turkana Pastoralist Development Organization) is an independent organization working with pastoralists to reduce vulnerability and increase production through participatory development approaches, livestock improvement methods and capacity building. TUPADO is therefore seeking to recruit a casual Driver in Lodwar to help in flexibility of daily activities within its area of jurisdiction.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ferrying TUPADO’s Staff and visitors for meetings, appointments and on long distances trips with due caution and courtesy as assigned by the supervisor.
- Conduct day to day maintenance checks on vehicles i.e checking oil, brake fluids ,tires, water, battery among other checks.
- Report periodic servicing and servicing needs of vehicle in advance to ensure its proper handling.
- Ensure cleanliness and safe keeping of vehicles and vehicles accessories at all times.
- Collect and deliver official documents and mail to and from various offices, post offices, banks and or any other location. Premises as instructed from time to time.
- Update the vehicles log sheet on official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes etc.
- Advice the supervisor when the vehicle insurance licenses are due for renewal, appropriate inspection and registration.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum of K.C.S.E C- (minus).
- Over Five (5) years of driving four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Current driving license with an excellent driving record of at least 10 years showing no history of responsibility for accidents.
- Experience driving diplomatic mission or small to medium-sized NGO’s.
- Basic vehicle maintenance skills-mechanic skills.
- Valid certificate of Good Conduct (police clearance certificate).
- Have good knowledge of Kenya roads and various locations where TUPADO has a presence and be ready to travel to these locations.
- Good awareness of the existing traffic rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate to work in a team.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills; good command of English and Swahili will be an added advantage.
- Reliable, trustworthy person who is self-motivated to carry out daily tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities in timely manner.
- Exhibit a professional image.
- Basic knowledge of First Aid.
- Computer literate.
- Non alcoholic
- Interested candidates that meet the required qualification and experience are invited to submit their CV’s and copy of credentials along with an application letter to: email@example.com either soft or hard copies can be sent.
- Clearly indicate Application for Driver-TUPADO. In the title of your email or cover letter. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications will be received until 30th May 2022